Location: Delta, BC
Job Type: Full Time ($18.00 -$19.00/hour)
Hours of work: Day Shift (6:30am – 3:00pm)
Come join the Delta Pacific Seafoods team! – We are the largest fresh, frozen and value-added seafood operation in British Columbia, specializing in high-quality custom seafood processing, value-added and cold storage services.
We have TWO immediate openings for skilled QC Technicians to support and promote the Company’s Quality Management Program.
• Monitor all aspects of fish processing activities to ensure compliance with the Company’s Quality Management Plan (QMP), regulatory and customer/buyers’ requirements.
• Document plant sanitation and hygiene practices of all employees.
• Identify tainted, decomposed, or unwholesome product and ensure corrective action is taken and properly documented.
• Identify out-of-tolerance and/or potentially hazardous situations and ensure corrective action is taken and properly documented.
• Perform data collection and data entry and accurately maintain records.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Food Science Diploma or previous training in Food Safety is an asset.
• Previous experience in a Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance role in the food processing industry is an asset.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - must be able to accurately express information concerning product quality and safety.
• Must be able to perform simple calculations.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must be able work independently without direct supervision.
• Must be reliable and available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as necessary.
• Periodic lifting of heavy objects may be required.
• Own transportation required.
At Delta Pacific, we are proud to offer our employees:
• a fun, friendly and inclusive work environment.
• the opportunity to learn, develop and expand your skills.
• a competitive total compensation package which includes medical, extended health, dental, short term disability, life insurance and Group RRSP.
To apply email your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.