Company: Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods Ltd. (0822759 BC Ltd.)
Business information: We receive fresh fish from fishing boats on Vancouver Island and we cut to various fillet sizes and pack styles for distribution in both fresh and frozen markets
Business address: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Location of work: There are two buildings operated by Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC and 2074 Peninsula Road, Ucluelet, BC. Both facilities are in the same town under the same management and ownership. Only one kilometer separates the buildings and they operate as one business.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Clean and sort fish
• Properly fillet fish to ensure maximum use of product. Fillet various kinds of fish for production and retail sales. Properly grade product and assign to accounts
• Properly cut all types of portion orders to ensure lowest percentage of loss, including bias, H&G, P.B.O (Pin Bone Out fillets). etc.
• Sanitize work area and equipment before filleting
• Survey all equipment to assure proper working order
• Handle product properly to ensure maximum shelf life
• Put away excess product properly
• Finish all orders in a timely manner
• Inform supervisor of any changes or problems
• Cut and fillet 1-20 lb. fish with a band saw and/or knife
• Pack fish in 5-50 lb. boxes
• Clean-up work station and department
• Communicate quality issues to supervisors
• Weigh and tag product at end of the shift with other fillet crew team members
• Help pack fillet orders
-Education: No formal education required
-Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided. The hiring process includes initial assessment of the fish filleting skills.
-This position requires the ability to fillet a minimum of 150 lbs of Rockfish fillets with a 30% skin off recovery (500 Round Pounds) per hour or, 140 or more whole Rockfish per hour
-We prefer candidates that speak English well, but as we have an urgent need for help, candidates with basic command of English will also be accepted
Wage: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly, 8-10 hours up to 12 if is needed, 30 -60 hours per week. We are willing to pay up to $30/hour depending on skills and experience.
Important information: We require flexibility on schedule as hours of work can be from 5am to 2pm, sometimes working until 4pm or 5pm is required during summer time when production is heavy and overtime is available.
Benefits: Smocks or uniforms. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate, accommodation provided at a cost.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Apply by Fax: 250-726-3434