Canadian Fishing Company (Canfisco) is a fully integrated seafood processing company with headquarters in Vancouver, BC.
Canfisco operates the largest fleet of commercial fishing vessels in British Columbia, harvests over 100 million pounds of fish annually and exports its seafood products (canned, fresh, frozen, smoked and value added) to 38 countries around the world. At Canfisco, we offer the opportunity to work for a well-established organization that values initiative and rewards performance.
We are currently hiring Crew Members with a Fishing Master 3, Fishing Master 4 or 150 Ton Master certificate for the F/V E.J. SAFARIK (ON 810483), a 115 gross ton commercial fishing trawler, based out of Prince Rupert.
The E J Safarik is primarily involved with groundfish fishing mainly from April – November but this can vary.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
• Valid Fishing Master 3, Fishing Master 4 or 150 Ton Master certification.
• Groundfish trawling experience is an asset.
• Ability to mend, splice wire and rope is an asset.
• Proven record of efficient and safe ship handling
• Cooperative and easy going nature – must interact and work well within a small team.
• Resourceful with good problem solving skills.
To Apply contact Captain Jim Peterson, at (780) 607-0130