8 hour rotating shifts during the training period.
- Day Shift / 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Afternoon Shift / 3:30pm to end of production.
- After training period, shifts will be12 hours long on a 4 days on / 4 days off rotating schedule.
Delta Pacific Seafoods is the largest fresh, frozen, and value-added seafood operation in BC specializing in high-quality custom seafood processing, value-added and cold storage services. The diversity of our operations offers many challenging opportunities for learning and development.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced 4th Class Power Engineer to join the Maintenance Team as Shift Engineer. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager & Chief Engineer, the Shift Engineer plays a key role in ensuring our production facility is able to run at optimal production levels, with minimal downtime.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain the ammonia refrigeration system (compressors, tunnel & blast freezers, cold storage, chillers) within code requirement.
- Operate and maintain high pressure steam boiler.
- Monitor and respond to plant alarms.
- Write facility/equipment related documents such as SOPs, maintenance records and reports.
- Perform routine & preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Update maintenance logs and records.
- Complete work orders as assigned by Maintenance Manager and/or Senior Management/ Chief Engineer.
- Work with others to plan and coordinate the completion of work.
- Use power and hand tools and equipment in an efficient manner.
- Perform building maintenance tasks throughout the facility as needed.
- 4th Class Power Engineer Certification.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Experience in a food processing industry is considered an asset.
- Well-developed maintenance skill set.
- Exceptional safety record.
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively with the maintenance team.
- Must be available for overtime and weekend hours as required.
- Must be flexible to work a rotating shift schedule.
- Level 1 first aid or higher considered an asset, but not required.
What we offer:
- A dynamic, collaborative, and inclusive work environment, where no two days are ever the same.
- An organization that values and encourages learning.
- The opportunity to grow your career and take on additional responsibilities.
- The opportunity to work on new projects and initiatives.
- The opportunity to be mentored by leaders in the food manufacturing industry.
- Relocation assistance for out of province applicants willing to relocate to British Columbia.
Come and discover your potential with us! If you think you have the skills and qualifications necessary for this position, apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest in our company, however only those short-listed for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.