Company: Jim Pattison Enterprises Ltd. o/a Delta Pacific Seafoods
Business information: Delta Pacific Seafoods is the largest fresh, frozen and value-added seafood processor in British Columbia, specializing in high quality, custom seafood processing, value added and cold storage services. At Delta Pacific, we employ a diverse and family oriented workforce. We offer year round employment, competitive wages, group benefits including extended, dental and group RRSP. We also provide on-the job training, uniforms and equipment. Our Filleting Department is seeking individuals to join the team. Fish filleters or cutters fillet various species of fish for production and retail sales, ensuring maximum use of the product. They are responsible for breaking down whole fish (Round, H&G etc.) to the appropriate fillet specifications and for meeting the set yield goals.
Business address: 6001- 60th Ave, Delta, British Columbia, V4K 4E2
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Cut, clean and trim fish prior to marketing or further processing.
· Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife.
· Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing.
· Fillet fish according to fillet specifications to meet set yield goals.
· Work with a variety of hand tools (knives, saws and hand vacuums).
· Sort, grade fish and check for any defects or abnormalities.
· Maintain a clean and hygienic work area, including cutting knives and other equipment.
Wage: Hourly rate of $18.60 per hour or greater depending on individual’s knife skills and associated production piece rates. 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, dental insurance, Group RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan), extended medical insurance, uniforms and equipment are provided.
-Education: No formal education is required
-Experience: Previous filleting, seafood, meat, poultry, vegetable product handling experience is an asset.On-the-job training will be provided.
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads (lift and/or move up to 70 pounds), Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods
-Personal Suitability: Team player, Reliability
-Must take direction and abide by safety rules
-Work Site Environment: Noisy, Cold/refrigerated, Wet/damp
-Language: Basic level of English is required
Important information: Work schedule is 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM from Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required and depends on operational needs. This position involves working in a cold, damp and noisy environment.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 6001- 60th Ave, Delta, BC, V4K 4E2