Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
Canadian Fishing Company (Canfisco), a Division of Jim Pattison Enterprises Ltd, is a fully integrated seafood processing company with headquarters in Vancouver, BC. Canfisco operates the largest fleet of commercial fishing vessels in British Columbia, harvests over 100 million pounds of fish annually and exports its seafood products to 38 countries around the world. At Canfisco, we offer the opportunity to work for a well-established organization that values initiative and rewards performance.
As the Corporate Quality Assurance Specialist, you will be based at our Head Office in downtown Vancouver. You will work closely with and report to the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager and play an active role maintaining corporate QA programs for multiple operating locations in British Columbia and Alaska.
Responsibilities of this position include monitoring quality control systems, participating in audits, inspections, non-conformance investigations, implementing corrective actions, communicating with internal and external stakeholders and representing the company with customers, suppliers, government inspectors and industry organizations.
• Assist in maintaining the company’s programs, standards and procedures for quality control including HACCP Plans, Quality Management Programs (QMP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Participate in third-party audits and follow up on required corrective actions and preventative measures resulting from audit findings.
• Assists with mock recall and trace exercises to ensure all sites are in compliance with Regulatory and Quality requirements (CFIA, FDA and BRC standard), as well as customer standards.
• Participate in new products launch projects to ensure new products meet regulatory requirements.
• Participate in internal audits and take charge of sections assigned.
• Assist in investigating and responding to customer complaints.
• Review existing and new product labels to ensure they meet CFIA and/or FDA labelling regulations.
• Supervise, train and provide ongoing support and mentorship to QA Technicians.
• Conduct GMP training for QA technicians and plant personnel.
• Analyse internal QC data, track and analyse trends and prepare summary reports for management.
• Maintain supplier approval program for ingredients, packaging, and raw materials.
• Maintain product specification for all products.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager.
• University Degree or Diploma in food science, nutrition or a related field.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in food manufacturing is required (production and quality control).
• Experience as an auditor/inspector is an asset.
• Familiarity with the BRC standard is an asset.
• Must have working knowledge of HCAAP, GMP and CFIA regulations.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Well-developed organization skills – must be able to multitask and effectively prioritize.
• Access to own vehicle required for travel to operating locations in the Lower Mainland (Delta/Richmond).
Our Head Office is located on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver with free employee parking. We provide a collaborative and inclusive work environment, the opportunity for personal and professional growth and a competitive total compensation package.
If you possess the above noted qualifications, we want to hear from you. To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.