DELTA PACIFIC SEAFOODS - JOIN OUR TEAM!
Committed to a culture of excellence, join our team as a Chief Engineer!
Delta Pacific Seafoods is the largest fresh, frozen and value-added seafood operation in British Columbia specializing in high-quality custom seafood processing and cold storage services.
• State-of-the-art facility.
• Leading edge technology.
• Exciting, fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
• Rapidly growing business, requiring skilled people to help lead the team.
We are seeking a permanent, full-time Chief Engineer with a 4th Class Power Engineer certificate. Hourly wage is $31.50 - $34.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
• Provides leadership, direction and guidance to a team of Shift Engineers and Refrigeration Operators and will be responsible for performance management, training and development.
• Plays a critical role in ensuring the plant is able to run at optimal production levels, with minimal downtime.
• Medical and Prescription
• Short Term Disability
• 100% Group RRSP
• Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
• Relocation assistance may be offered for the right candidate.
Training and Orientation Period Shift Schedule (8 hour shifts):
• 2 week rotating shift schedule
• Day Shift Hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm
• Afternoon Shift Hours: 3:30pm to 12.00 am
Regular Shift Schedule (12 hour shifts):
• 4 days on 4 days off rotating shift schedule
• Day Shift: 8am to 8pm
• Night Shift:7.30am to 7.30pm
Located in Delta, British Columbia at 60th Avenue and River Road on 14.2 acres of company owned land with 160,000 sq. ft. of facilities. Free employee parking.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• Exposure to challenging projects.
• Unwavering commitment to worker safety.
• Continually growing to accommodate customer demands.
• Proudly Canadian and privately held company.
Have you got what we’re looking for??
Delta Pacific Seafoods
Chief Engineer (4th Class Power Engineer)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Operate and maintain the ammonia refrigeration system (compressors, tunnel & blast freezers, cold storage, and chillers) in compliance with Technical Safety BC.
Operate and maintain high pressure steam boilers ensuring compliance with the code.
Supervise and schedule Shift Engineers and Refrigeration Operators; delegate work assignments and track results.
Monitor and respond to plant alarms and emergencies.
Work closely with Technical Safety BC, Work Safe BC and other Regulatory bodies to ensure the plant remains in compliance with Regulations.
Write up and maintain facility/equipment related documents such as SOPs, maintenance records, engine room checklists, logs and reports.
Liaise with contractors and suppliers on various projects and initiatives.
Work with others in the maintenance team to plan and coordinate the successful completion of work projects.
Use power and hand tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Perform building maintenance related tasks (routine and preventative) throughout the facility as needed.
Recruit, hire and train the necessary personnel to ensure the Engineering Department is adequately staffed to meet operational needs.
Valid 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate from Technical Safety BC. Candidates with additional certificates (Millwright, Electrical or Refrigeration Mechanic) will be given preference.
Minimum 3-5 years of ammonia experience as a Shift or Chief Engineer in a large manufacturing environment. Experience in a Food processing plant is an asset.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
“Hands on” and “Lead by example” approach with day-to-day operations and projects.
Mechanically inclined; must be able to troubleshoot, repair and perform routine maintenance tasks.
Physically fit; able to lift, push, bend, crouch, climb and lift without assistance.
Safety focused with an exceptional safety record.
Ability to work independently and co-operatively with the maintenance team.
Must be available for overtime and weekend hours if required.
Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule including evenings/overnight shifts.
Level 1 First Aid certificate or higher considered an asset, but not required.
Must have own transportation.
Exposure to wet/cold environment – potential slippery working conditions.
Exposure to loud noise and odours.
Required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment while working.
Indoor and outdoor work required in all weather conditions.
To learn more about us, visit www.deltapacific.ca
To apply email your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.